Wednesday, May 26, 2010

On the road ramblings

This week takes me traveling as my family readies for the wedding of our son Jimmy and his fiance Sara. We traveled through back roads in southwest Mississippi before hitting the big interstate that runs thru Meridian and then east into Alabama. Monday night we stayed in the town of Hoover, Alabama which is most famous for a high school football program that MTV did a series on for a few years. Yesterday we rolled through Georgia, driving right through downtown Atlanta near the lunch hour and on to South Carolina and eventually our North Carolina destination.

The wedding is Saturday and all of my family will be there with an exception or two. This is the 1st such experience for my wife and I so I'll report on wedding events later this weekend.

One interesting thing to watch on TV is the reporting of the BP oil disaster not with a local spin. Although some of the national media are doing a good job and have reporters on the ground, for loacal stations it's just another story. I really wonder why the rest of the nation fails to understand the national impact if this thing lingers.

I have noticed that for a traditional non-Catholic area, there is no shortage of Catholic Churches to attend. I found one right in downtown Greensboro, right by my hotel and there are others all around. Keeping up with the breviary, especially with all the saint days this week helps keep me grounded to routine.

So enjoy the rest of your week. I'll be busy but getting ready for a big event. Let's make a deal to pray for each other and all will be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment