Monday, May 31, 2010

The Father of the Groom

Well tonight I have a chance to catch my breath and reflect on the exciting events of the last few days which culminated with the wedding of my son Jimmy and his new bride Sara. The wedding was very nice and the bride stunning. My son was not too bad looking himself. And before we knew it; he was a married man, passing through another milestone moment in his life.

I'm a pretty proud father. Now all you dad's out there; I hope you feel the same way. But tonight, on this blog, I will allow myself to be the proud father who wants to brag a little. Jimmy has been amazingly successful in his school days and then his career. He is a large animal veterinarian in North Carolina. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it is always amazing to his mom and me to hear him referred to as Dr. Talbot. And now we have another Dr. Talbot in the family as his wife Sara is also a veterinarian, having just graduated from N.C. State School of Veterinary Medicine.

Jimmy and Sara had such a fun filled week; parties thrown by good friends who started out as his clients and family events and rehersal parties and then the wedding and reception. I really enjoyed getting an up close and personal look at his life; lived some 12 hours from home. Meeting his friends, business partners, family members of the bride and others was so revealing. Jimmy has made good friends and apparently a great professional reputation. So exciting for me, as a parent, to witness.

And now he has his new little family, he and Sara, and my wife, daughter and I return home to reflect on the events of the past few days, pray for my son and daughter-in-law and get back to all the many things that await in the days and weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment