Friday, April 10, 2020

A quick update on Good Friday morning

Sitting alone in a quiet home as the wife naps away across the room.  It's Good Friday and I am off work.  Originally I planned to take this whole week off for vacation so I would have no conflicts as I prepared for service as Deacon during these busy days.  But with the coronavirus raging I decided to save some vacation days and I only took a few days.  Then the SBA phenomena hit and I wound up working yesterday and have already returned emails this morning.  For all trying to get the SBA PPP loan, you better be prepared for patience because it's nothing like it is portrayed on the news.

I was happy to assist at our Holy Thursday liturgy.  We posted it to our YouTube channel so you can view it here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rknL4mH2gD0

It was beautiful to be in the church for this important holy day but it was so surreal, two deacons, our pastor and a cameraman, that's it.

Our current plan is to live stream the Passion of the Lord at 3 pm.  Every Good Friday for years I've made it a point to go over to Most Holy Trinity and take in the living stations of the Cross put on by MHT youth.  I will miss that this year of course but I understand they will be replaying a previous year's offering on social media.  These indeed are different times.

I will update plans for Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday soon.

God Bless all as we journey this thing together, stay safe and follow all the best precautions out there.  Remember this Good Friday to be still a bit and sober as we immerse ourselves in the Lord's Passion, His Death on a Cross and look forward to His Easter Resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment