Thursday, December 12, 2019

Tomorrow marks 11 years a Permanent Deacon

My Photo  December 13, 2019 marks anniversary #11 since ordination to the Permanent Diaconate.  23 men ordained at St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans by Archbishop Alfred Hughes 11 years ago on December 13, 2008.

I am thankful for this unique gift from God to serve Him as an ordained minister by serving His Church and serving the other.  My special gift as a prison chaplain is a very special ministry.

And we celebrate our ordination on the Feast of St. Lucy.

St. Lucy, pray for us and I ask you to say a prayer that this ministry, entrusted to me, may continue as long as it is fulfilling the will of God.

Permanent Deacons
Archdiocese of New Orleans
Formation Class of 2008

Ad Multos Annos

No comments:

Post a Comment