Thursday, September 13, 2018

My night of prison ministry wore me out

I made a grand return to the chapel of Rayburn Prison after a month or so away, not of my own doing, and was met by a robust turnout of almost 100 men.  It was great to see them all again.  I guess I had a lot to say as we covered plenty of ground as I preached for almost 30 minutes.

The response from the men were generous as they asked that we pray for those who will be impacted by the hurricane, the memories of those impacted at 9-11 and for one of the men present who lost his mom last week.  And no, he was not allowed to go to the funeral.

So as I left I felt great but at home, I was wore out.  Unable to do just about anything but fall asleep.  It was that much of a spiritually fulfilling night with the men that I was done.

I love prison ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment