Saturday, May 12, 2018

Journey Home video and an incredible Godincidence

I have been watching a lot of Journey Home videos lately, in part, to see what has drawn Protestant and Evangelical pastors and leadership to find their way back to the one true Church, the Catholic Church.

I've been inspired greatly to review these videos by the journey of Lizzie Reezay, a/k/a as Lizzie Answers.  She grew up and was totally immersed in the faith tradition known as Church of Christ.  Lizzie challenged her faith by doing an incredible amount of due diligence, reading not only Scripture but also many of the Church fathers, the next generation of Christian leadership immediately after the Apostles and throughout every generation, every decade.  Like Lizzie, who found her way home to the only Church Jesus established Himself, the Journey Home network has helped hundreds, if not more, Protestant pastors and leadership to also become Catholic.

Today I stumbled upon this video of a man named Randy Ory.  I selected this video innocently.  Not 5 minutes into this video I realized I knew this man, although mostly as the son of one of my first bosses in my professional work world.  He mentions my high school as my own and lots of what he describes early on is all too familiar.

Apparently Randy, a born and raised Catholic, gravitated to another faith tradition that is the same from which Lizzie was raised.  The video tells the story, the tickling of the ear, the realization that he needed to return home to the Catholic faith, and while hinted at in the video, I can tell you now he is an active Permanent Deacon in the Archdiocese of Atlanta.

The fact that I stumbled on to Deacon Randy's story, the son of my old boss, is nothing short of a Godincidence , not just a mere coincidence.

I hope some of you will be compelled to take the time to listen to his testimony which, in God's providence, helps to reinforce the unity God desires in one, true Church; the Catholic Church.  Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i_KULcgB1M

No comments:

Post a Comment