Saturday, April 28, 2018

Good morning Saturday from one exhausted Deacon

It's dawning to be a absolutely springtime gorgeous Saturday morning here in our world.  A beautiful day to celebrate a wedding that I m so looking forward to.  This evening the "little girl" that grew up across the street from us, who has grown into a wonderful woman, will marry the man of her dreams.  Annie and Charles were celebrated last night at both their wedding rehearsal and the dinner afterwards.  I was so happy to be at both and to witness the many toasts and testimonials shared by family and friends for both these wonderful people.

Of course this Deacon is not very used to long evenings and a little liquid libation to chase down a great meal so I came home, went to bed, and uncharacteristically, slept for 8 hours.  Still I find myself exhausted, a good feeling that comes from feeling good because we serve God when we serve one another.

Yet no time for the weary, I need to finish some touches on my homily for tonight, I have a Baptism this morning, our regular 4 pm mass this afternoon then the wedding and yes, the reception.

So I pray that Annie and Charles have a happy, productive day, prepping for the wedding tonight and their life long commitment to love one another.

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment