Sunday, December 31, 2017

My New Year's Eve afternoon reflection

  1. Wendy and I have not ventured out on New Year's Eve in quite awhile although we always have a standing invitation to go to Aimee & Keith's who do put on quite the fireworks display. This year we in this area are facing pretty daunting cold. For us in the deep south wind chills in the teens are a challenge and quite intimidating. I do have evening Mass at 6 pm so there will be no escaping the bitterly cold air. I do look forward to seeing my church family this evening but ...beyond that I'm betting we are going to be home. My prayer and my wish for this coming New Year, 2018, is that it be a year of striving to do your best to fulfill the will of our most Heavenly Father. We can make all the resolutions we want, or predict how the year will go, but none of that matters if we are not striving to grow in holiness and being in right relationship with God. In 2018 I sincerely hope to pray more, to help more people who God puts in my path and to continue to work on kindness, which I still struggle with often with those who love me the most. God knows that I am a work in progress and in 2018 I need to surrender more to Him who knows far better than I what is good and right for me. May you feel His love and blessings on this last night of 2017 and throughout this 2018 tomorrow and all year long!

No comments:

Post a Comment