Saturday, January 23, 2016

The life of two parishes I love

I don't think I've ever hid my love for my home parish, St. Jane de Chantal and St. Michael's Mission.  I've been a part of this great community of faith and love since 1996!  And I don't think I've ever hid my love for my home away from home parish, Most Holy Trinity, where I was Deacon from Jan. 2011 thru June 2015.  I am currently one of the Permanent Deacons back home at St. Jane's since July and was Deacon there from my ordination day, December 13, 2008, until my move to MHT in January of 2011.  Like St. Jane's/St. Michael's, Most Holy Trinity is also a great community of faith and love.

Just a couple of weeks ago I blogged about a full rewarding weekend at St. Jane's as an example of community alive and on fire for Jesus.  Part of that post was explaining how we have grown to be a parish that now offers 7 liturgies per weekend, including the Extraordinary Form of the Mass, commonly referred to the Latin Mass and the Spanish Mass.  These additional liturgies and the manner in which clergy and lay folk alike have embraced them is just another reason to love my home parish.  Just this weekend, a robust amount of parishioners, including youth, Knights of Columbus and more boarded buses and represented at the Louisiana March for Life.  Kudos to all who made the trip to Baton Rouge.  At 1:30 this afternoon I was privileged to celebrate Baptism for one of the younger families in our parish; always a beautiful ceremony and an honor for me to preside.  This afternoon/evening we wrapped up our two vigil Masses and are set for our 5 liturgies tomorrow.  At 11 tomorrow morning the parish will also have a reception for one of our young men who is discerning the priesthood.  Attracted to a religious order, he leaves this week for Peru.  God-speed Alex!  The life of a strong vibrant parish; plenty to love!

This week I have spent a good bit of time back at Most Holy Trinity; finally, the dedication of their beautiful new church building is upon us; 2 PM tomorrow.  The good people of MHT have invited me to participate in the liturgy.  I am honored and thrilled.  I can only say thank you for including me.  By the way, it is a beautiful church and the practice today was inspirational; I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like!  I hope to have plenty to post about the church dedication tomorrow and in the days to come!

It is indeed a blessing to have two church parishes I truly love and they are both robust active communities.  The Catholic faith is alive and well in the communities served by St. Jane de Chantal & St. Michael Mission and Most Holy Trinity.  And that's part of the reason I love these two parishes so!

No comments:

Post a Comment