Saturday, January 16, 2016

Off the grid today

Saturday is one of my favorite and busiest days to blog but I am off the grid.  As a Permanent Deacon I am required to take so many hours per year of continuing education.  Today is a chance to grab 6 hours as I will be attending a very impressive preaching seminar.  I know it is impressive because the Priests of or Archdiocese took this same seminar a few months ago and most were very impressed.

As much as I love to preach, and believe it to be God's will as it relates to my vocation, I am always in search of new and exciting ways to grow and improve as a preacher.

A Permanent Deacon is given faculties to preach at ordination, or perhaps not.  If you receive those faculties you are expected to preach at your pastor's discretion, generally, it's one Sunday per month.  I preach at the prison and briefly at Sacraments like Baptism and Marriage!

So off I go; by the way it's 7 AM and the seminar is about 60 miles away from home.  It ends about 3 and I should be home by 4:30.  I will pick up with everyone at that time!

No comments:

Post a Comment