Sunday, April 12, 2015

Yep, it's that time of year again

I posted a little throw away line this morning on Facebook about how bad the weather has been since we changed the clocks.  It was meant to be funny, tongue-in-cheek kind of funny.  Tonight, relaxing on a Sunday after a very busy end of the week and weekend, I am listening to one nice rain storm.  This would be the second of the day after drizzly off and on rain since Friday evening.

It indeed has been wet for the last month.  When it has not rained, it has been very humid with plenty of foggy mornings.  As far as temperatures go, for late March and early April, a little on the unseasonably warm side.

So my theory, as posted on Facebook, is that since we changed the clocks, God will not be mocked.  And there is the humor.  So what is the purpose of this post.  Well I've postponed my annual time of the year rant so I thought tonight would be as good a time as any.  Starting in April and all the way to fall becomes entrenched, I am unhappy with the weather.  The older I get the more I detest hot and humid weather along with grass cutting and watching out for things like hurricanes.  So I dislike most of spring and all of summer.  Conversely I love fall and winter!  That formula takes into account that I don't live up north in places like Boston where they were frozen in place for months.  That just ain't going to happen down here!

So I endure, as joyfully as I can, the months ahead; looking forward all the time toward the cooler weather months.  Tonight, I would just like for the rain to stop!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will have pleasant weather and mild breezes!

    ReplyDelete