Saturday, May 31, 2014

A new month, for now, means face time with my grandson!

Yes, I know, usually I post about June 1st reminding myself and my readers that it is the beginning of real summer, it's hot, it's rainy and June ushers in the six month season of hurricanes.  Oh June!  But June is the month of my wedding anniversary, the month of some pretty powerful devotions in the life of the Church and the time for weddings, ordinations and some left over graduations.


Yet tonight I'm too tired and excited all at once to blog on about all the above.  My personal calendar this year takes me and the wife to North Carolina where almost the entire 1st week of June will be devoted to Calvin!  We got to spend about 2 hours with #1 grandson tonight between our arrival and his bedtime.  It sure is good to see him.  Of course mom and dad are there too and we are so glad to see them as well.  Calvin, despite weekly Skype sessions, usually needs some time to warm up to us.  Such was the case tonight too but all was warm and fuzzy when he went to bed.  Tomorrow through Wednesday we will get to spend all day with Calvin and half a day Thursday; all worth the trip!


Here is the 1st of many pictures to come in the week ahead:


Photo: First of a hundred pics this week.  Calvin getting ready for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment