Saturday, December 31, 2011

A tragic local story was our 2nd most read post from 2011

As I continue to reflect on the year in review on this blog it's time to reveal the #2 most read story of the year.  I've decided not to repost it here but encourage you to go and find it(it's a July 18th post) as I'll describe why I don't want to repost.  The story concerned the still to be determined fate of a young Northshore girl who was missing in waters south of here from a tragic boating accident.

The young lady, named Samantha Vinturella, indeed died from this tragic event.  The crux of the news article was how the community, and two Northshore churches were in prayer and support of the family.

I remember attending the beautiful memorial Mass for Samantha at Our Lady of the Lake.  The outpouring of love and support was great.  We lost a wonderful young girl in 2011 from this accident but heaven gained an angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment