Monday, November 28, 2011

A rare Monday morning, pre go to work post

I find myself on this first Monday of Advent, the first return to work day for me after the Thanksgiving holidays, willing to be a little late for work to make this post.  After these family holidays and the opportunity to usher in Advent and our new Roman Missal, I am reflective about the challenges in our lives.  I could easily sit in this chair all day today, even after the time off, because I've been facing challenges at work.  These challenges have even given me cause to reflect on what direction I want my life to travel in the near future.  However, I am more acutely aware this morning that my focus can, and should shift.

When I leave this house every morning I leave someone who loves and cares for me.  When I arrive at work I am surrounded, for the most part, by good people, many of whom care for me as well.  They are people who I care for and many of whom I genuinely enjoy being with.  My mission at work, not all that unlike my ministry as Deacon, is to care for and serve those who are placed in front of me with a need or a want.  Seems simple enough this morning.

As for the balance of this day, and every day for that matter, I remember that I walk as a child of God, a minister in His holy Church and am blessed by so much more than those things that get me down.  So head up this Monday morning, face the challenges of another day, give thanks to God, not just for the blessings but for the challenges too.  Remember those you love in prayer, pray for those who are struggling today with far greater struggles and rejoice in the gift of your life.  As for the haters and those who like to spew evil and steal your peace; just don't let them.  It's your peace; a free gift from God.  Pray for them, pity them if you must, but don't give them more importance than that which will last; our hope, our joy, our faith and the love of family & friends and the love of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment