Thursday, March 17, 2011

Retreat is here!

The Kairos retreat began tonight at Rayburn prison; regretfully I was not there. A pressing business matter and an out of town work trip made it impossible to rendezvous with the team in time to go into the prison tonight. So I begin my journey at 5:30 in the morning for 3 full days of spiritual talks, songs. food and fellowship that will help these inmates see and feel the love of Christ.

My limited experience at the Kairos retreat has been more than enough to convince me that this is such a great thing to do. Christian men and women on the support team, from many different denominations, witness Christ love for these men by thier words and actions.

On this Thursday night, exhausted from a long 2 days and what seemed like an even longer ride on the interstate, I am prayerfully preparing for tomorrow morning and ask you do the same. Anytime from now through Sunday at about 4 p.m. could you lift our Kairos retreat, the inmates and the team in prayer? Thank-you. And to my Catholic friends, please offer your Mass intentions this weekend for the retreat as well.

I have already mentioned it but again, thanks for the overwhelming support of cookies, financial help, posters, dedicated prayer times and your general well wishes and prayers for this important weekend. I so look forward to updating everyone next week when the retreat is over.

May God richly bless this good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment