Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Is it still "Merry Christmas" in your life

Merry Christmas! Yes, Merry Christmas. Faithful to my theme that Christmas is not a day but a season I'm still celebrating Christmas. Are you? I sure hope so. Even if you are not lucky to be off work this week(like I am), it's still Christmas!

Last year, it was chores for Christmas week. My wife and I cleaned out the attic all week. While necessary, not much fun. So this year we pledged no big projects. Instead, I'm looking for more opportunities to be "in the season". I'm trying hard to make daily mass(so far so good). After all there are so many rich feast days during Christmas. And I'm visiting with a few friends this week too; including a couple I have not seen in some time.

Tomorrow I hope to get my daughter on her flight to N. Carolina if all these delays have cleared up from the winter weather. And then my wife and I will quietly celebrate New Years weekend as I prepare to transition to my new parish assignment. As of next Monday I will be assigned to my new parish, Most Holy Trinity.

But in the meantime, it's days off work, time spent with family and friends and reminding everyone I see and meet, Merry Christmas; because it's not a day, it's a season!

No comments:

Post a Comment