Tuesday, August 24, 2010

An Anniversary Missed

In my late summer hustle and bustle I missed a big anniversary of an event I reported on last summer. On August 20th one year passed since the events in St. Louis Cathedral where the Archdiocese of New Orleans officially welcomed native son Archbishop Gregory Aymond as our new shepherd. It was an awesome liturgy and as I described a year ago an eyewitness to Apostolic succession.

In the year that has passed the new Archbishop has been very busy, traveling to every deanery and almost every parish throughout the Archdiocese. He spent the appropriate time analyzing, listening and planning for the governance of this Archdiocese under his episcopacy. Now he seems poised to begin implementing some of his own initiatives and possibly changes. Let me be clear, I know nothing, to quote an old TV line nor to I propose to speak for the Archbishop or the Archdiocese. These are but my own personal reflections.

I have been blessed to assist at several liturgies presided by Archbishop Aymond. He has indeed been very present, accessible and generous. I so hope to be able to get him to Rayburn for a visit soon.

So better late than never, happy anniversary Archbishop Aymond and welcome home!

No comments:

Post a Comment