Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Joyful New Orleans Night!

By now most of you know the outcome of the Saints playoff game against the Arizona Cardinals. It was an all out dominant performance as the Saints won handily 45-14. I doubt if you will find any professional football analyst that called for a 31 point victory over the talented Cardinals.

I realize it is not my area of expertise to explain why everything that did not work these last few weeks worked tonight. I have no real expert explanation why Reggie Bush looked like he was all-world tonight. I have no real explanation for why our defense looked stout, especially after giving up a long TD run on the first play from scrimmage. What I do know is the Saints won; victory # 14 in this year of team records. And I know for only the 2nd time in team history the Saints go to the NFC Championship game and they don't have to travel. For the 1st time ever, New Orleans will host the game against either the Dallas Cowboys or the Minnesota Vikings.

My earlier post explains why this is so important to us. So tonight, my advice would be enjoy the victory, bask in the aftermath of such a solid athletic performance and then shift focus tomorrow afternoon to the opponent that comes to us.

I called this the Catholic Bowl as Saints should indeed have priority over Cardinals. And I did notice again we had an Archbishop cheering the Saints on in the owners box.

So for the time being, Geaux Saints; thanks for such an awesome victory and a season to be remembered. Can we do this again next week? I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment