Friday, February 6, 2009

Proclaim the Good News

Welcome to my new blog. I am a recently ordained Permanent Deacon for the Archdiocese of New Orleans. A Permanent Deacon serves the Catholic Church in the ministry of word and service. I assit at Masses, proclaim the Gospel, officiate at Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals. My service ministry is pastoral care at a correctional facility. I hope to post articles, stories, updates of interest regarding the Catholic Church, the ministry entrusted to me by God and ongoing ministries throughout the Archdiocese of New Orleans.
It is my hope that this blog will help to fulfill Jesus' command to "go into the whole world and proclaim the Good News to every creature." Mark 16:15.
Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8.
Deacon Mike; the Abita Deacon

No comments:

Post a Comment