Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The National Champions of all College Football tonight is the LSU Tigers

It's a few after midnight and it will be a long time before I can get to sleep.  For the 3rd time in my life I've witnessed the LSU Tigers achieve the title of National Champions.  Believe me, by far, this is the best.  I honestly believe, and apparently many football experts agree, when all is said and done, the 2019-2020 LSU Tigers are the best college team of all time.

LSU defeated the incredibly good and talented Clemson Tigers tonight by 17 after trailing by 10.  This incredible season ends 15-0 with LSU defeating 7 Top 10 teams and 4 teams that at some point where pre-season #1 picks.  The LSU Tigers scored 50 points on 7 different occasions and hung 46 on Alabama.

And this team got better week after week, scoring 50 against Texas A&M, then destroying Georgia in the SEC championship before dismantling Oklahoma in the semis.  And tonight deserves special recognition because beating Clemson in the championship by 17 is no small shakes.

This is a tremendous night not only for LSU but all of Louisiana and anybody and everybody who has ever felt some special affiliation with LSU football or the school itself.  I always loved LSU as a boy and then disappointed that I was not going to be able to go there, busted with pride as both my children became LSU Tigers, earning their degrees and my son earning his DVM.

I think I will have to blog more on this in a day or two when it's not so late and I'm more clear headed.  For now I'll just say goodnight from the land of the National Champions, the outstanding LSU Tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment