Sunday, July 26, 2015

What did I hear?

Given that I have preached at least 1 Mass, and sometimes many more, over the past 5 weekends, it was a joy today to not only preach(although I love to preach and take it seriously) but to sit in a church, next to my wife, and take it all in from the pews.

As part of the homily I heard today, the Priest, who made it clear that the feeding of the multitudes was a miracle performed by Jesus, we all can be as generous as we can with everyone we meet.

He offered a quote from the then dying Archbishop John McNamara, who served with distinction in Baltimore and Washington, D.C.  He thought about his moment of death, as he laid dying and was heard sharing this:

"Everything I have here I am to lose, but everything I ever gave, in love, I am now to have forever"

That's what I heard today; thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment