Monday, July 28, 2014

Rewarding yes, frustrating yes indeed; Catholic blogging

For a little independent blog, this experiment called the abitadeacon does pretty well.  I sure wish I always had the time to pen an essay every day but then I would not be about the business of family, career and ministry.  While I view this blog as an integral part of my ministry, it must wait for availability. 


Now the rewards come from all the folks who read this blog, especially my homilies that I post frequently and those who follow the blog.  The rewards are magnified when it is used as a vehicle by others to grow in right relationship with God and grow closer to the faith.


It is indeed frustrating too.  I never can understand the swings of maybe 300 visitors one day, then something south of 200 the next.  I sincerely don't understand much about blogging in terms of traffic sources and visits.  Yet today, in just 3 short hours, the abitadeacon fetched about 6 visitors.  Why?  I really don't know.


Yet despite the frustration I take comfort in the truth that if this blog, as an instrument of faith, reaches just one person a day, then to God be the glory.  Maybe someone finds their way here to reinforce their faith or perhaps another comes here in their perpetual search.  In any event, I appreciate all of you for visiting the blog and hope more will visit, and visit often!

No comments:

Post a Comment