Monday, February 24, 2014

Facing a Monday morning with faith

Just a few days ago I had no idea that this Monday morning would be so challenging for me, with unanswered questions and concerns.  Still, I find today that I am dealing with this with great faith.  In my human frailty, my only prayer is that that faith shines through.  My wife Wendy will be having a heart procedure tomorrow morning, a sudden unexpected necessity after a poor stress test.  We will be at the hospital at 5 AM and praying that this procedure will reveal no further need further treatment or possibly surgery.  Wendy has battled heart disease for 19 years now and my prayer is that this is just another bump in the road.


We both are expecting the best and are prepared for whatever because of our faith.  I learned a lot more about faith in this past week or so as I witnessed the courage and love of a young husband and father as his wife slowly slipped away and passed on to the Father on Saturday.  Despite the fact that Courtney was 38, her husband shared with us his great faith.  And while no one should misunderstand that he and her entire family are experiencing great loss, their expressions of love and faith are an encouragement to all!  And Wendy and I are vey prayerful for the repose of Courtney's soul and peace and understanding and comfort for all who miss her, especially Leon and the children.


This morning I was informed that my brother-in-law of many years will soon say goodbye to his dad.  I had the privilege of knowing his dad from back in my former days working for a company called LGS.  And of course, he has been part of the extended family now for 30 years.


So if you are a prayer warrior, this is one Deacon in strong need of prayer help.  Join me in my intentions as I pray for my readers too.


Our faith is something that we must show forth always, when things are running along as smooth as can be and when things come along that are simply not pleasant.  So pray for one another, love one another, let folks know that you care!

No comments:

Post a Comment