Saturday, June 30, 2012

Here comes July

July ushers in the 2nd half of my least favorite half of the year.  The months of April thru September constitute the unfavorite months while October thru March are the favorite months of the year.  While July marks the halfway point it must be noted that July, August, and even a good deal of September are the hottest most uncomfortable times of the year; although these last few days have baked a nation.

As we leave June I am wrapping up a wonderful 8 day vacation and ushering in the month of July, which brings to me the biggest job change of my professional career.  On July 9th I start a new job and as of July 3rd will not be a member of the same bank where I have labored since 1995.  The times they are a changing!

As we enter July I look forward to the celebration of the monthly Saints of the day, the conclusion to the fortnight of freedom, getting back into a major groove in my diaconal ministries, the pre-ordination retreat for our 2012 candidates for the Permanent Diaconate, and the start of the 2012 Summer Olympics.

So July will dawn in the morning for me and my wife in Cullman Alabama and we are going to spend the day here, primarily to visit the Ave Maria Grotto and the Shrine in Hanceville for EWTN.  Hang in there with me in July as I appreciate your visits to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment