Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Could it be September

Almost there; not quite but almost! My favorite time of the year is that much closer. I choose to divide the year in half and declare the half that runs October - March as the good half with April - September that not good half. It's my personal preference. So September is the one month in the not good half that I may be able to tolerate because it means October is next.

I like some things about September most especially the start of real football season. For me that means LSU football starting this week and Saints regular season in just 8 days. And by the way did I mention World Champion/Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints? I can really get into football; but football is really so much better in the fall; you know October, November, December.

I also like that September brings daylight to an earlier close (yes I hate daylight to 8 p.m.) and if we are real lucky cooler weather. I do have concerns that September is historically the peak month of hurricane season and am very mindful of this what with three storms in the Atlantic. I continue to pray that we will have no storm in the Gulf as we just don't need this after the oil spill and the 5th anniversary of Katrina.

September brings the birthday of our baby who is really all grown up this year at 21 and recently returned from Europe.

September is also an awesome month for the ministry which is my life and my joy (in addition to my great family). We have classes for our formation groups, inquiry for those discerning and my awesome prison ministry. I'm really looking forward to the Kairos weekend and hope to be able to visit during the event.

So come on September; do your thing and get me to October and the start of the good half!

No comments:

Post a Comment