Sunday, March 29, 2020

How 'bout a Sunday night update with the abitadeacon

Happy Sunday night y'all.  I sincerely pray that all is well with my readers and visitors to this blog.  It stands to reason that someone is reading this and is suffering with Coronavirus and someone else is worried about a friend or relative.  And again many of us are certainly feeling some level of anxiety, concern or nervousness.  I offer my prayers for all of you and my solidarity with you.  For the blog follower or reader connectedness is often electronic.  It's amazing that it's electronics, social media and technology keeping us so close these days.

As most of you know I returned to work this past Thursday after my wife got the all clear.  The sinus issues have since abated and Wendy is very much on the mend.  Back at work it was very strange to manage the branch from the drive-up and limited appointments only.  Banking will get very interesting in the weeks ahead as everyone will be inquiring about the various loans with the recently passes stimulus package.  Please know that banks do not yet have the details or parameters of any of these programs and it may be at least another week.  And yes, even if it is a special program or SBA, normal credit criteria remains as will your documentation like tax returns and financial statements.  Just a heads up.

For me this weekend brought more around the house chores and activities designed to keep me from losing my mind.  Wendy and I did a de-clutter project yesterday then relaxed to watch the movie, 1917.  You know, I did not think it lived up to the hype.  Just my opinion folks.

Sunday brought my return to church as an assisting deacon at our 10 am video streamed Mass.  I even got the opportunity to do a little preaching today.  Being in the church, assisting Mass as I've done hundreds of times but today without a congregation, well, it was different.  Of course Jesus was right there with us so all was well.  Unfortunately our video did not work out so well so I put together my homily here on this blog and on the FB page of our parish church, St. Jane de Chantal in Abita Springs.

Today I also spoke with all of my grandchildren, especially a long Skype with Calvin & Katelyn from North Carolina.  I already stay in touch daily with my daughter and granddaughter who live down the road.

So tonight I hope to catch some night prayer on FB live, maybe other devotions as well and then prepare for an early evening so I can be productive and helpful at work tomorrow.

Some reminders all; stay strong, if you can stay home then stay home, wash hands often and pay attention to how you truly feel.  Say your prayers, thanking God for all that we are and all that we have.  Explore this blog because I have the Spiritual Act of Communion as well as Anima Christi and the Act of Contrition.  If you are able to be at home, find a video Mass or other service.  It's one day at a time so hope your Sunday was good and I pray we all have a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment