Sunday, May 5, 2019

Believe it or not, Deacon's weekends like this reinvigorate my vocation

It was a deacon's weekend of non-stop service; diakonia at play all weekend long.  Offering parish Benediction on 1st Friday evening after a long day of work, including our devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and then Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament.  A wonderful way to end the day and put aside the daily grind of all day bank day.

I already blogged in some detail about my most wonderful Saturday.  From early morning mass at the parish where I assisted and preached, then off to Rayburn for our long day of spiritual refreshment with 150+ men.  Please see yesterdays post for more info of my day spent at Rayburn.

I even had time last night to do some wedding prep work for the next couple I will be preparing for the Sacrament of Matrimony.

Sunday morning is another early day as I assisted the 8 am Mass then went over to the parish hall for our family coffee and donut social and the big kick-off Sunday for our next Family Promise week.  After a brief opportunity to rest and relax we headed south of Abita to Our Lady of the Lake for a Baptism of a beautiful young baby girl, the daughter of a lovely couple I married 6 years ago.

Needless to say, full, fulfilling and wonderful Deacon's weekend and my vocation is a little bit stronger because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment