Thursday, April 4, 2019

Archbishop Aymond of New Orleans adds the responsibility of Apostolic Administrator of Diocese of Alexandria LA


Abp. Aymond adds duties as apostolic administrator of Alexandria



Archbishop Gregory Aymond, the metropolitan archbishop of the New Orleans Province, which encompasses the state of Louisiana, was appointed April 3 by Pope Francis as apostolic administrator of the Diocese of Alexandria while that diocese awaits the appointment of a new bishop.
Archbishop Aymond will remain as archbishop of New Orleans and will continue to reside in New Orleans.
The former bishop of Alexandria, Bishop David Talley, was named bishop of Memphis on March 5 and installed in Memphis on April 2.
“I will do my very best to make sure this additional responsibility does not interfere with my ministry in the Archdiocese of New Orleans,” Archbishop Aymond said. “If I need to reschedule any events, I will do so as far in advance as possible. Please pray for me. At the same time, I will be as present as I possibly can be to the clergy, religious diocesan staff and the people of God in the Diocese of Alexandria.”
Bishop Talley was appointed coadjutor bishop of Alexandria in October 2016 and became the ordinary upon the retirement of Bishop Ronald Herzog in January 2017.
The Diocese of Alexandria is home to 35,199 Catholics out of a total population of 367,579. The diocese has 50 parishes, 74 priests, 14 permanent deacons, 23 women and men religious, seven elementary schools and three high schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment