Thursday, September 20, 2018

A busy week; a holy satisfaction

It has been some time since I've posted anything personal so tonight seems as good a time as ever.  I'm having one of those evenings that I describe as holy exhaustion or satisfying fatigue.  First, I am battling an exceptional flare up of my rheumatoid arthritis, lots of pain but able to power on.  And then there has been an exceptionally busy couple of days.

It's back to our normal Tuesday night routine at St. Jane's that most people call Bible Study but more accurately Adult Faith Formation.  We are studying the 1st 500 Years of Catholic Church History, you know, when the only Christian Church on earth was Catholic!  It's a great class that starts with Pentecost Sunday and rolls through year 500 AD.  We are covering what really happens after the death of the last Apostle and become familiar with great early Church Saints, Ignatius of Antioch, Clement of Rome, Irenaeus, and more.  My class has 31 adults participating and we are really enjoying the material.  So if you need me on a Tuesday night now through November, I'm in class!

Wednesday night found me traveling to Bush to lead a prayer service/communion service at St. Michael's Mission.  Wednesday night is the normal time for the weekday Mass here but this night finds all the priests of the Archdiocese of New Orleans in Convocation.  So I agreed to offer this service which includes breaking open the word and receiving Jesus in Holy Communion from the Tabernacle.  Yes, it is a chance to preach and so I did.  It was a nice, intimate prayer service at our Mission Church of St. Michael's!

Tonight I attended the parish quarterly RCIA meeting and participating in the planning and discussions as we begin to lead the newest candidates and catechumens toward full communion with the Church!

So practically every night this week, after work and meetings for work and other responsibilities, I've been busy and I'm tired (a lot of that to do with the RA) but all is good.  For the rest of the night I need some time for myself, for prayer and a time for rest.

Holy satisfaction; good night and good rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment