Saturday, July 21, 2018

And so it begins; the 2018 National Diaconate Congress

Officially the big Deacon Congress kicks off tomorrow with opening Mass but for Wendy and I we head out today.  All events are at one of two hotels on historic Canal St in downtown New Orleans.  Already this morning it has been fun to see all the deacons on Facebook from around the country posting as they head out for the airport to begin the journey to the deep south.  Hope they are all ready for the famous 110 degree heat index!

It is my sincere hope to be able to blog some and post pictures over the course of the coming week.  You may want to look me up, abitadeacon, , and follow me on Facebook.  Pictures posted here on my blog tend to go away after awhile?

When a Deacon, who has the opportunity to be present at this Congress, reflects on the powerful lineup of presenters and the presence and support of so many Priests, Bishops and Cardinals, it is both humbling and affirming.

I still can hardly wait!

So it will be light posting until I get settled in, get the lay of the land and the action gets started in full tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment