Thursday, December 21, 2017

I'm going to call it the plague of death

In this last week before Christmas the Talbot family is down.  After a much anticipated family gathering to celebrate our North Carolina family's visit, the following few days have been pure hell.  Apparently the mother-in-law decided to come over despite being "sick".  Who knew she was carrying the black plague!  Come Tuesday, one by one we fell, my son, his wife, maybe the kids, my wife, my poor pregnant daughter who needed to spend part of one night in the hospital, then my niece, the sister-in-law and finally, because I need the most attention, down goes the abitadeacon!

I can pretty much count on one hand the number of times I have vomited as an adult; I'm now on my 2nd hand!  But there is light at the end of the tunnel; I feel a little better this morning, some of the family is on the mend but some not so much.

Well learned lesson as the holiday season gets ramped up; if you are sick, as much as you will be disappointed, stay home.  Do not bring your special brand of terror into my home, my presence.  This is the main reason I am staying away from work today; to be able to give my staff a fighting chance.

Yep, it's the plague of death courtesy of typhoid mother-in-law!

No comments:

Post a Comment