Saturday, December 23, 2017

A Christmas Eve, eve reflection about love

  1. As we continue to draw closer to Christmas just a word about love. As we struggle with all those things that can pull us apart, love can overcome any obstacle if we truly understand it's unconditional power. I may disappoint, you may injure or wound, yet love remains. St Paul reminds us that love is patient and kind and all the rest. Jesus loved us unconditionally to come and save His people, even those who were not too impressed with the newborn King. Many a human being... let Him down and still many attacked and persecuted Him and worse. Yet He loved, in His humility at Bethlehem, His obedience at Nazareth, his ministry throughout Judea and Galilee, His conformity to His Father's perfect will, His sorrowful passion and agonizing crucifixion; He still loved! Unconditional! He loved in His glorious Resurrection and His final instructions to His Apostles, in His Ascension and as He sits at the right hand of God the Father! And He loves in his great gift to the world in His Church, His bride! And He loves in his great desire that you and I love, one another, the difficult family member, the one who let us down the most, the tried and true friend, the neighbor who is such a help to us and the neighbor who really could use our help. He desires us to love the unlovable, those who dance on the fringes of society, the unwanted, the poor, those who are lost in spirit, the inmate and the immigrant. Love as Jesus loves. And never forget Jesus loves us with the desire that we attain eternal life with Him forever in Heaven. That's how we should love one another, with the love of Jesus, who comes to us at Christmas as a humble, vulnerable baby, that love that says I love you unconditionally and I love you with the goal of Heavenly eternity. It's all about love. I hope all those that I love know that I love them and my love is unconditional, and my love desires your eternal happiness. We spent a lot of time focusing on the gift of kindness this Advent and for sure, it was a work in progress, it was an effort that required divine inspiration. My focus as this Christmas Day approaches is Love, which comes from God and IS God.
    All my love to you; my unconditional love!

No comments:

Post a Comment