Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Rayburn Prison Ministry; what a powerful return

I have been away from my prison ministry at Rayburn for a few weeks to take care of all the wedding prep last month and to attend required training for the archdiocese.  My return tonight felt like a "homecoming" as the men were genuinely happy to see me again.

To my sheer joy, we had nearly 60 men in attendance.  I was impressed with the robust singing tonight as our little inmate choir has grown to 7-8 men and 3 instruments!  We followed the readings of this very day as I conducted a Communion Service with the absence of our Priest! 

I was also so happy to confirm for the men that our evening retreat this Friday is still a go with guest speakers and pizza for dinner.  Believe me, they will love this!  By the way, we have over 150 men signed up for Friday night's event.  And more good news; our Archbishop is coming!  Archbishop Aymond will be at Rayburn for Mass and hopefully Confessions on June 8th!

More good news; we had one of our men confirmed two weeks ago and another has come forward to prepare for the Sacrament as well.

God is truly blessing this ministry at Rayburn Correctional!


No comments:

Post a Comment