Saturday, April 2, 2016

Saturday morning reflection

Moving into a new month it seems like a great morning to reflect; besides I've been up since 5 this morning with ice on the knee as it is swollen beyond belief; a nasty reality of RA and a chronic bad knee.

On this April 2nd I am reminded how much I love blogging and posting to Facebook to hopefully advance the kingdom.  I admit once again, even now that I've been posting to a blog for 7 years I truly do not know how this stuff really works.  Yet as I look back to March I had my 2nd best readership month with over 13,000 article reads; this was my 13th consecutive month over 10,000 reads.  Despite these good results, I am still puzzled by the inconsistency of these stats.  I can go an hour lately with no reads and I also noticed a significant drop in readership at different times of the day.  Still, I blog on.

I like to say this about my own blog; if you like a place that offers some daily features like Saint of the Day or Catechism post of the Day or if you like updates on every homily of Pope Francis, as well as his weekly Wednesday and Sunday messages, this is a good place for you.

Just in the weeks past, I tried to capture good articles that highlighted the ending days of Lent, the transition into Holy Week and then Easter.  And when big moments occur like the passing of Mother Angelica, I try and capture these events and moments. 

Looking forward as April gets rolling it's Easter time; first Communion season and the spring season for Confirmations.  Soon it will also be Ordination time and Weddings and this year, that takes on special significance with the April 30th wedding of my daughter Elizabeth!

Hopefully, I can continue to muster the wherewithal to blog away at the Catholic events and realities of the day.  I do enjoy it; I wished I understood how it all works!

So time to remove the ice pack; long day ahead and it's all work related today!  And all ministry tomorrow.  And don't forget; Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment