Monday, February 29, 2016

The most valuable player in the NBA says he can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Message On NBA Player’s Shoes Has People FREAKING OUT Over What It Represents
 
  

A star player in the NBA has been getting some serious attention after people noticed something about his shoes – they bear a very distinct message, and what it represents is driving people wild.

Stephan Curry previously had an endorsement deal with Nike apparel, but for reasons unknown, he didn’t renew his contract with the enormous brand. However, it doesn’t seemed to have hurt him at all. In fact, his new deal with Under Armour is getting him some serious attention after what he had printed on all of his game-worn shoes.
Message On NBA Player’s Shoes Has People FREAKING OUT Over What It Represents
While people generally freak out in a bad way, Curry, arguably the best shooter in the league, has been getting almost entirely positive reactions to his shoes, which honor his solid Christian faith. The message they bear is quite simple, and it’s taken directly from the Bible.
“I can do all things…” it reads.
Message On NBA Player’s Shoes Has People FREAKING OUT Over What It Represents
“It represents a Bible verse I wear on my shoe,” said Curry. “Philippians 4:13. It says ‘I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.’ It’s also my mantra, how I get up for games and why I play the way I do.”
The full verse, which was likely too long to place on the side of Curry’s shoes, reads, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
Message On NBA Player’s Shoes Has People FREAKING OUT Over What It Represents
If that’s not awesome, I’m not entirely sure what is.
Curry calls his shoes the “Curry One,” and their tagline appropriately says “Charged by Belief.” When speaking about playing in the NBA< Curry said that he doesn’t necessarily play to achieve fame, but instead to spread the word of God.
“Obviously, there’s a lot of hoopla and fanfare that follows you wherever you go, but I know where my talent comes from,” said Steph. “I know why I play the game, and it’s not to score 30 points a night, but it’s to use the stage I’m on. I’ve been put here for a specific purpose: to be a witness and to share my testimony as I go through it.”
  
Whether or not you’re a Golden State Warriors fan, you can at least praise Curry for having the strength and conviction to stand up for his beliefs in a nation that’s otherwise turning against Christianity at every turn. His courage is not only an inspiration, but is something that people across the country, both young and old, can try to emulate in our daily lives.
If you enjoyed this story, be sure to follow Sean Brown on Facebook, and check out his website, politicalcult.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment