Friday, September 4, 2015

I am a Permanent Deacon!!!

Yep, I changed my profile picture today on Facebook to the following:

Henry Patrick Wellmeyer's photo.

Well, it's not quite this one, I can't get the other one to post here, ughh.  I hate my computer incompetency.  Darn it!

But this great picture gives you the idea. 

And this is what I posted on Facebook and this is how I feel:


Ok, look, it's not a pretty picture (although I love it) but it's who I am. Facebook can't change it, the federal government can't change and neither can the gates of hell. It's not about me, Mike the person. It's about the office entrusted to me by Jesus Christ. For reasons known to God alone, I was ordained for this office and sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit. I received an indelible mark that forever identifies as Deacon. Friends, family; this is not just "what I do" this more about "who I am". Deacon Mike Talbot; all for His greater glory!


Hey, there is the other picture that hit Facebook just now!
Know a Permanent Deacon that works hard all day at work, raises a family, is a great husband, pays the bills, cuts the grass, and still feeds the hungry, gives drink to the thirsty, visits the imprisoned and hospitalized, baptizes babies, assists at Mass, runs to the aid of anyone/everyone in need, teaches Bible study, assists at wakes/funerals/graveside burials, prays with someone in need of prayer, and does not receive a dime for any of this, and would not take a dime anyway, perhaps we all could just say thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment