Saturday, May 2, 2015

First Communion Day Reminder

Today was First Communion Day at my parish.   For the first time ever I missed it due to work.  A few years ago I was asked to preach on this important day when our young ones receive Jesus in the Eucharist.
I talked to the kids, I asked them questions and they knew the answers.  All of the children really knew that this day was all about Jesus coming to them for their First Holy Communion.
Then I had one question for the parents, when will your child make their second Holy Communion?  There was a murmer and some confused looks.  All of a sidden one of the children blurted out: tomorrow.
Yes, to all the parents of children receiving Jesus in the Eucharist todau bring them back tomorrow, and every Sunday from now on.
To not do so is wrong and sinful for mom and dad.  And now you know.  Dont forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment