Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Do we give thanks to God for our birthdays

A good question today as I celebrate the 58th anniversary of my birth.  From the moment I was conceived to my birth, through all the stages of infancy, toddler, child, teen, young adult, mature citizen, God is with us.  And He always is and will be.  Thank you Heavenly Father for the wonder of my creation.  Thank you for the gift of life.  Thank you for the lives of everyone I love and everyone else you place in my path, especially those you have asked me to minister to in a particular way.

Birthday's are not the big deal to me anymore as they once one, although my wife indeed threw a pretty big party 8 years back.  Who knows, maybe we could do it again for the big sixty.  Today was filled with nice moments of people reaching out to share wishes with me, including my #1 grandson Calvin who via Skype sang Happy Birthday to Pops!!

Through Facebook and Blogger I have heard from more than 200 of my nearest and dearest friends.  It does indeed brighten my day. 

And as I retire to begin the first day of my 59th year I do so with two Bible verses on my mind:

Psalm 71:6 From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you. (NIV)

Isaiah 46:4 Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. (NIV)

God Bless you all

No comments:

Post a Comment