Sunday, November 16, 2014

My football season looks like a bust but...

You know me by know; I love football season and I love the New Orleans Saints and the LSU Fighting Tigers.  The last few years, about 8 of them now, have been good, very good.  During this time LSU won a national championship and made it back to the big game and the Saints won the Super Bowl and have had some good playoff runs even after that historic event.

Fast forward to 2014, the Saints and the Tigers are not so good.  The Saints are actually losers at this point, sporting a 4-6 record.  Preseason prognosticators, the professional kind, had the Saints are sure Super Bowl contenders and most predicted a 12-4 or better season.  Ain't gonna happen.  They are really bad this year, even Drew Brees has made a huge number of mistakes.  LSU, for their part, is 7-4 with one game left.  Disappointing efforts early in the year faded for awhile as LSU played well until Alabama beat them last week.  They must have beat the hell out of them because they hardly showed up at all last night in an embarrasing shut out loss to Arkansas.

So I've tried to focus this year on what's really important.  At the end of the day it sure ain't football, but I must confess, having winners at LSU and the Saints sure make me feel better.

So for now, I will stay focused on the important, keep loyal to my Saints and Tigers, and enjoy football wherever I can.

Geaux Saints and Geaux Tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment