Monday, September 22, 2014

Here it is, my 1st season of the year/weather post in honor of the end of summer

So long summer 2014, you officially end tonight and I say good riddance.  In the issue of fairness, you were not that tough on us here in the New Orleans area.  Sure, it was hot, but on balance not so bad.  We had fewer 95 degree and up days than recent memory, it stayed wet to some degree and we even had cool fronts in the months of June and July.  Yet, I long to see you go.  Not so much because I disdain you, although I do, but because I love all things autumn or fall for short!


I for one say come on cooler weather, bring on the falling leaves, change colors too if you wish and let's get back to regular clock time.  Fall back baby!  You know God designed it to be dark at night and bright by day, especially the morning.  And I want my hour of sleep back too!


Autumn brings a renewed sense of vigor, the football season grows more intense and baseball finally matters with the World Series.  This beautiful season brings fairs and festivals and hunting season.  All that is good begins in the fall!


So you summer lovers, sorry; here comes autumn 2014 and I say it's about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment