Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The recovering Deacon; close, very close

Being home for the 10th straight day, many of them confined to the easy chair and what my NC family calls the idiot box(television), I was thrilled at the diagnosis at my post surgery doctor visit!  All healing well and the ok to return to work and ministry in a few days.  So here I sit on Wednesday afternoon planning to slowly but surely get moving!  Last night, assured of the doctors good news, I went ahead and laid on my right side, experienced no pain, and wound up sleeping almost all night long!  That's something I could not say for these past few days.  So this morning, feeling feisty, I drove myself to Mass and then went for fellowship/coffee with the 30 or so parishioners who do this every morning after Church!  After a couple of errands I realized I had been out of the house, on my own, for almost 4 hours.  Yes I got a little tired and back to the house I went and yes, I plan to make one more trip later in the afternoon!


Recovery has been a time too of quiet reflection, prayer, spiritual reading and some heavy blogging about so many issues with the faith!  It certainly has not been all boring for sure.  Even something as simple as recovery from an outpatient procedure as I experienced is a time to remember that YOU (ME) are not in charge!  We all have to listen to God's small still voice and then accept and rejoice in the mighty way in which He works in us, for us and with us!


So perhaps I will be updating soon of my return to work, or preaching a homily soon, or being back at the prison, or whatever else God places in my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment