Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Deacons prayer

A Prayer for Deacons

God our Father,

I thank you for the love and care you show to me and my family for calling me to serve you as a deacon in the Church.

May your Holy Spirit guide me in my home life, in my employment, and in my ministry to your people.  I ask for understanding of others and compassion to all.  Help me to know the gifts you have given me and how to use them in serving others.

Bless me with the humility needed to accept rejection, the ability to discern your will, and the peace of mind that comes with serving you as you would have me do.

I pray for my brother deacons, the men in the diaconate formation program and those being called.  I pray for their wives and families, and their special needs.  I pray for our Pope, our bishops, priests, religious, parish communities, and all people.  May we serve each other in love and with understanding.

Give me the courage, strength and grace to help build a world of justice and peace through Jesus Christ, your Son. 

Amen.

(Imprimatur by Bishop Stanislaus J. Brzana, Bishop of Ogdensburg, October 4, 1986, Feast of St. Francis of Assisi)

No comments:

Post a Comment