Monday, April 1, 2013

April; the beginning of that other half of the year

It April 1st; a day I don't particularly like and the date on the calendar that for me means 6 months of less pleasant things.  I like cool weather, early night fall, football, fall fests, Thanksgiving and Christmas, not cutting grass.  I really enjoy October thru March.

April ushers in warmer weather, humidity, cutting grass endlessly, daylight well into the night, hurricane season, to name but a few.  It is my least favorite time of the year.

But it is what you make of it, right?  I'm ready, for now, for April because we will still have some pleasant days and this year, I have a 5 day trip planned to see Calvin, #1 grandson!  That makes April worth it all by itself!

Slowly but surely I will acclimate to everything else.  I just remember that every day is a gift from God!  And today is day 2 of the Easter octave, so Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment