Sunday, September 30, 2012

My imaginary line in time is confused...hello October

Well, my imaginary line in time, that difference between April-September(hot, muggy, summer, hurricanes, ick) and October - March(cooler, beautiful, early nights, less humidity, football, fall, winter, early spring, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Mardi Gras) is upon me.  Here we are on the eve of the day that transitions to my favorite time of the year.  For the most part, October 1st is normally cooperative.  Not so much here in 2012.  It's rainy and humid and well, too darn hot.  Football has arrived but neither my Saints in defeat or my LSU Tigers in victory have inspired confidence or dreams of post season glory.  The cold weather is nowhere in sight and I'm ready to really celebrate fall!

October brings much busy-ness(if that can be a word) in all aspects of Talbot life.  Personally, our little grandson is growing big and my wife Wendy will be off to North Carolina in October to spend 2 weeks with the baby.  Lucky her.  I'm guaranteed at least some great pictures, some Skype activity and daily updates.  I'm staying behind as I begin my first full business quarter as manager of FNBC Bank, my new employee since July.  Yes, 2012 has been about a bunch of big changes.

October brings much excitement for the Church: the Year of Faith, the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Vatican II, Respect Life Month, World Mission activity and I'm sure more I simply can't remember right now.  It's great that the Church founded by Christ is very much alive and active.

Church ministry for this Permanent Deacon will witness big activity at Rayburn Correctional, much preparation for our 2012 class off soon to be ordained Deacons and lots of work on our ongoing Bible study and my preparation for 4 couples getting married this December. 

So tonight, this last night of my least favorite half of the year, I am so ready for what the most favorite half of year will bring.  In all times, however, I look to Him, who is Lord over all the days and seasons of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment