Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So long November; my how you past so quickly!

In my own little world and complicated existence, I say farewell to one of my absolutely favorite months of the year: November.  In fact, in the hierarchy of Mike's favorite months, November ranks #2 so I'm naturally not that happy to see her pass so quickly.  However, there is good news, in that December, which dawns in the morning is #1 and in my world, January is a close race for #2 with November.  Yes, I love the winter months, the darker months, the cool and the cold months, the football months and the holiday months.

November 2011 was a pretty 50/50 split of unseasonable warm days but a couple of really nice cold days too; at least in the morning.  In fact, these last few days of November have brought us our first frosts and in some communities a freeze.  This was a great month as my ministry brought me through many "classes"; those for aspiring deacons, RCIA candidates and dedicated parishioners wanting to be fully prepared for the new Roman Missal.  And we all did indeed survive our first weekend with the aforementioned Missal.  I was thrilled to adminster Baptism on back-to-back weekends.  November was another month of preaching and prison ministry and preparing for Advent.

We celebrated All Saints and All Souls and Veterans Day and our American tradition of Thanksgiving.  Both our beloved LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints pulled off a wonderful undefeated month.  Times are good in the bayou state!

I'm embracing these early days of Advent and this holy season will be the linchpin that helps me say goodbye November and heartily welcome December!

And I say thanks be to God for the fruit of His creation, including time; especially these beautiful days of late autumn and coming winter.

It is indeed the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment