Monday, November 7, 2011

From wanting to be a nun to Ms. World and still credits her faith

She spent five years training to be a nun... now she's Miss World

THE new Miss World really means it when she says she wants to help people. After all - she spent five years in a nunnery before joining the beauty pageant circuit.
Miss Venezuela, 22-year-old Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares, was crowned Miss World 2011 in a final ceremony in London today.
Last year's winner, Alexandria Mills of the US, handed over the crown to Sarcos Colmenares in the 61st annual contest at the Earls Court Exhibition Centre in London.
Gallery: Stunning images from Miss World
Miss Philippines, Gwendoline Gaelle Sandrine Ruais, was named the first runner-up, and Miss Puerto Rico, Amanda Victoria Vilanova Perez, placed third.
"I'm unbelievably happy to have won and there are some incredible girls. I first and foremost want to help people in need. I would like to help people like me I am an orphan," Sarcos Colmenares said.
"Unfortunately I lost both my parents at a very young age which led me to study for five years in a nunnery. I spent my five years in there and my dream was to become a nun."

Miss World

Miss World
Miss Venezula spent five years training to be a nun and wants to help people. Picture: AFP
Source: AFP

Sarcos Colimenares, who triumphed over 100 other contestants to win Venezuela's sixth Miss World title, currently works for a broadcasting company and one day hopes to promote NGOs and work with children, according to her biography on the pageant's website.
"Winning means everything to me and I hope to take advantage of being a winner in a productive manner," she added.
"I would also like to help the elderly and troubled teenagers. As many people as I can."


Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/miss-venezuela-crowned-miss-world-2011/story-e6frfmyi-1226187291508#ixzz1d4NJ7F00


>>>In the competition Sarcos Colimenares had to answer a question describing the most important event in her life.  She responded the day she made her first Holy Communion!

No comments:

Post a Comment