Friday, July 22, 2011

Here I go again; another milestone for a daddy

Having recently graduated from LSU we have been awaiting the day my daughter begins her graduate school adventure.  While school does not start for another 25 days or so the big moving van day is tomorrow; Saturday.  Remarkably, I sit down to write this after successfully loading the U-haul in less than 2 hours.  Of course having good friends to help made things smooth; not her friends, my friends.  Go figure.

Born almost 22 years ago our daughter got to enjoy a pretty good childhood.  She always was a great student and was exposed to everything from horse back riding, competitive dance and awesome vacations.  I remember like it was yesterday as she hustled off to prom and high school graduation.  Then it was off to college and of course the only place in the world to go to college; LSU and the fighting Tigers.  Just like when my son was there in 03; my daughter experienced a LSU football national title in 07.  And then in a flash she graduated with honors just 2 months ago.  And like my son, who pursued his dreams in vet school, my daughter now pursues her Masters in History. 

The destination is 90 miles north at USM.  I know she will work hard towards scoring her masters degree and working hard at her new job for the Department of History.  Wendy and I will settle back soon in our empty nest lifestyle.  And a very busy husband, dad and deacon is very grateful to God for the gift of his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment