Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Big day in the life of a daddy...

Tomorrow is a big day for this daddy although it is more accurate to say it is a very big day in the life of my daughter Elizabeth.  Tomorrow is graduation day from the greatest college ever, LSU.  Like my son Jimmy before her, Elizabeth graduates as a fighting Tiger!  And she really did good.  Excellent GPA over 4 years, just recently completed 5 months of student teaching and preapring for her next chapter: graduate school!  Yep, daddy feeling pretty proud tonight. 

Plenty times when you reach these milestone moments you want to pause, reflect and look back.  Elizabeth spent most of her life here on the Northshore and longed to follow her big brother to LSU.  She spent many years dancing as she studied her way through school.  Her college career was stellar.  And now, in just a few short hours, she will be a  college graduate. 

For me this is also a time to give thanks to God for the gift of my two children and the wonderful lives they have lived.  It is always my prayer that they be safe and well and that life will be good to them.  I also pray that in their life they will keep God as their focus and trust Him.  I also pray that whatever life brings their way they will learn to serve that same God by serving others.

So tomorrow we will give thanks to God on Elizabeth's graduation day and my wife and I will rejoice and be glad in the accomplishments of our two children.  Congratulations Elizabeth: LSU Tiger, class of 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment