Thursday, April 22, 2010

Enjoying the NFL draft; awesome

Well, it's been awhile since I've written about the Saints. Tonight appears to be a good night to do just that. For the first time in memory, the NFL is conducting round 1 in prime time and I'm sitting at home, feet up, beer cold and a pizza on the way. Man I have waited for many a NFL draft to see what superstar the Saints would get. Afterall, for most of my life, the Saints, by virtue of a poor record, would have one of the top 10 picks in almost every draft.

So, tonight, realizing that they have to wait until after 10 p.m. and some 31 picks later, I'm watching the greatest Saint draft in their history. They are picking 32 becuase; yes, I'm getting ready to say it: the Saints are still the reigning NFL World Champions and Super Bowl Champions. It was just like yesterday. Remember; Saints 31 Colts 17.

I can get used to this. I'd like to see the Saints picking 32nd every year. Don't get me wrong; I want them to nail a solid pick tonight. And who knows, maybe they will trade down to round 2. In any event, for now, and because we are the World Champs, I'll trust the Saints powers that be; Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis.

Football fans enjoy the draft. I am! And I'll have to stay up all night to see who my team picks. This is amazing!

Geaux Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment