Monday, March 15, 2010

Blessings that just keep flowing

Or, this could be titled miscellaneous musings on a Monday night...After receiving so many wonderful blessings from the weekend retreat at the prison I still have seen blessings flow. I have received so many inquiries from many friends about the retreat and may even have a few possible team members for the next retreat. And today I was blessed with the opportunity to reach out and talk with someone in need. And tonight I went to my parish church to see if we could have Adoration and Benediction for 7th graders. You see our sanctaury is being renovated and the old stain glass windows are being replaced with new ones. Not only was I able to figure out a way to have the Adoration and Benediction but I got to see the meticulous work of a dedicated 80 something yearl old priest who made the new windows and is on the job installing them. Amazing!

The 7th graders were pretty amazing themselves tonight; worshipping and taking advantage of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. With the Blessed Sacrament placed on a table, the children were able to get very close to the Eucharist. I watched their teacher bring them up, one-by-one, and stand and prayer right in front of the monstrance. More blessings!

And tonight again I've been blessed by a quiet night at home, a nice chance to just sit and talk with the Mrs. and spend some time praying and reflecting.

God is truly good; all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment